Engineering Summer StudentRef: TNO-RQ17-26
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
- Type of Role
- Contractor only
- Job Function
- Calgary, AB. Canada
- Job Description
TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 78,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
TAQA North offers summer students the opportunity to work with and learn from industry professionals, while gaining Oil and Gas experience.
Job Title: Engineering Summer Student RQ-17-26
The Engineering Summer Student, reporting to the Exploitation Lead, will complete one or more projects focusing on production and development optimization analysis for the Central West team. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Exploitation and Reservoir projects to assist the Asset Team in understanding area well performance, with a focus on stimulation analysis, capital efficiency measurement, and reservoir management in support of development planning.
- Reservoir Engineering skill application may include well test analyses, DST analyses, volumetric reserves estimation, Decline, RTA, and Type Curve analyses, Material Balance analyses, log and core analyses, etc.
- The Engineering Summer Student will present project results to the Asset Team and Subsurface community at the end of the summer term.
- Eligible candidates will at a minimum have completed their 2nd year in Engineering as of April 2017, or be enrolled in a Master’s program
- Creative individual with a desire to learn and develop their engineering skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated, must be able to work within a team setting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Intermediate MS Word and Excel skills
- Prior experience in oil and gas an asset
We welcome interested candidates to apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and a copy of their most recent transcript.
- Closing Date
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.Back to search