Geology Summer StudentRef: TNO-17-27
- Type of Role
- Contractor only
- Job Function
- Geosciences & Subsurface
- Calgary, AB. Canada
- Job Description
TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 78,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
TAQA North offers summer students the opportunity to work with and learn from industry professionals, while gaining Oil and Gas experience.
Job Title: Geology Summer Student RQ-17-27
The Geology Summer Student will complete one or more projects utilizing basic geological methods such as well log interpretation, generation of cross-sections and mapping. Responsibilities and projects for this position include:
- The Geology Summer Student will be assigned projects in an asset team where they will contribute to reservoir evaluation in the Upper Manville.
- Key priorities will be to map geologic trends (with 2D & 3D seismic support) based on existing vertical well control and HZ well control.
- Work with a Geophysicist to create type well(s) synthetics and incorporate seismic trends into geological mapping.
- High-grade ‘best areas’ for future drilling programs based on: reservoir quality, geological mapping, pressure, proximity to TAQA infrastructure.
- Examine completion techniques used on existing HZ wells drilled to date in project area (i.e. Foam vs Slick Water) and work with area engineer to generate a type curve based on existing HZ wells drilled to date.
- Learn to use relevant computer applications.
- The Summer Student will be exposed to geological methods such as well log interpretation, generation of cross-sections and mapping while working alongside experienced Geologists, Geophysicists and Engineers.
- Present project results to the Business Unit at the end of the summer term.
- Eligible candidates will have completed their 3rd year in a BSc of Geology program as of April 2017 or be enrolled in Master’s of Geology program
- Creative individual with a desire to learn and develop their skills
- Enthusiastic, motivated, must be able to work within a team setting
- Prior experience in oil and gas an asset
We welcome interested candidates to apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and a copy of their most recent transcript.
- Closing Date