TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company is ranked among the top 15 largest oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: HSSE Business Support RQ-17- 54
TAQA North currently has an opening for the role of HSSE Business Support. Reporting to the Manager, Health and Safety, HSSE Business Support is responsible for managing/maintaining technical systems including: project management, incident management, inspections and audits, contractor management, regulatory compliance, SharePoint, WHMIS 2015 and working alone systems. The successful candidate will support the selection, development, implementation, training and maintenance of all HSSE systems tools. The role is also responsible to ensure QA/QC and security of data in addition to monitoring and developing scorecards, weekly, monthly and annually.
The HSSE Business Support’s responsibilities include:
- Company support for the systems under the department
- Standards and process development for system management and performance analysis
- Point of contact for HSSE systems
- Works closely with the Corporate IT department during selection, implementation and maintenance phase of the department systems
- Manages performance analysis for the department including completing regular evaluations on the departments key performance indicators and conducting specific performance evaluations upon request
- Provides technical advice and support to the department and company on the systems
- Develops and conducts training on the departments systems
- Support role for Emergency Response (ICS) program
Experience and Education:
- 10 years’ experience in an IT management role
- 5 years’ experience in oil and gas in the industry.
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Understands and is proficient in up and coming communication technologies
- Emergency Response (ICS) experience
- Significant project management experience
- Significant experience developing and maintaining system standards
- Significant experience development and maintaining training programs
- Very strong math and analytical skills
- Well organized, with well-developed writing skills
- Ability to travel to field locations as required
- Ability to work with a team from varying background and education levels
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.