TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Jr. Accounts Payable Clerk
TAQA North is currently searching for a Jr. Accounts Payable Clerk Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable, the Jr. Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for indexing and processing invoices in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment and responding to vendor inquiries daily.
As a part of this role at TAQA North, you will be responsible for:
- Indexing and processing a high volume of invoices daily within Open Invoice
- Scanning and special handling of quick payment invoices – includes Utilities, Contractors, Employee Expenses, and cheque requests
- Prepping and indexing paper invoices weekly.
- Participate in the account reconciliation process by examining and resolving outstanding items
- Perform Excel uploads into Qbyte and Open Invoice
- Perform Journal Entries in Qbyte
- Respond to vendor inquiries and perform detailed statement reconciliations
- On-ramping vendors for electronic invoice submission by promoting the Open Invoice System
- Manage the collection of vendor banking information to allow for EFT payments
- Handle maintenance and new vendor requirements to ensure proper account setup
- Other duties as required. May include project work as assigned
Prefered Experience and Education:
- Knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting procedures.
- Proficient in accurate data entry with attention to detail
- Independent work style with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Team Player with effective communication skills
- Oil and Gas experience, Q-byte, OpenInvoice, MS Excel and MS Word would be an asset
- Post secondary education with a diploma in accounting preferred
We welcome interested candidates to apply with a cover letter and resume to our career website at http://www.taqaglobal.com/careers