TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Procurement Analyst RQ17-65
TAQA North currently has an opportunity for a Procurement Analyst reporting to the Manager, Procurement. The Procurement Analyst will work directly with internal stakeholders and be responsible for analyzing spend profiles and developing/executing the full procurement process. This will include RFI/RFP preparation, bid analysis and negotiating acceptable terms for TAQA North around pricing, quality and delivery within the parameters and metrics set by the organization. The successful candidate will develop and maintain relationships with key category stakeholders and external suppliers. Regular communication, facilitation and presentation skills are necessary to interface with key stakeholders, cross-functional teams and management.
As part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible for:
- Organizes and documents all analysis steps and assumptions for future reference and supports ongoing reporting in compliance with TAQA North Procurement policies and procedures.
- Conduct key quantitative and qualitative analyses:
- Develops a spend profile (by category, supplier, location, etc.).
- Analyzes supplier proposals; conducts qualitative (service) and quantitative (pricing) analyses.
- Assists, analyzes and reports on supplier performance.
- Develops and executes Request for Information (RFI) / Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key service providers and suppliers to ensure best quality service, commercial terms, safety, and surety of services
- Develops supplier negotiation framework including negotiation preparation information and tools, presentation materials and analyses, and participates in the negotiation process with suppliers.
- Researches industry benchmarks (pricing, quality, product changes, service levels, trends, etc.).
- Researches and analyzes the supply market and supplier capabilities to provide strategic insight.
- Contract management accountability from creation to execution and renewal.
- Identifies and drives joint process improvements, and takes the lead role on resolving issues with suppliers
- Responsible for the tracking and monitoring of key supply chain metrics (cost savings, cost avoidance, inventory etc.)
- 5-10 years in any combination of purchasing, strategic sourcing and supply chain management experience
- Oil and gas experience
- Related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business background.
- Ability to thrive within a cross-functional team and execute within an analytic and strategic environment.
- Well established communication and negotiation skills, and strong decision making capabilities
- Experience working for or with First Nations community
- Demonstrated experience in executing contractual terms and conditions in conjunction with established policies and procedures
- Strong team player
- Must be a proficient user in the entire suite of Microsoft office.
- Experience with Maximo P2P software
Closing Date: October 24, 2017 To apply please visit: www.taqaglobal.com/careers