TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Operations Financial Analyst, RQ18-01
Location: Calgary, AB
TAQA North is currently searching for an Operations Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Supervisor, Planning and Performance, the Operations Financial Analyst supports the Development and Operation teams by providing timely and accurate financial information for decision making to meet targets and deliverables. Responsibilities include weekly reporting, monthly accruals, forecasting, performance reporting, variance analysis, annual budget and long range plan, look backs and ad hoc analysis/reporting.
The Operations Financial Analyst works closely with members of Development, Production Operations Maintenance, Finance, Planning, as well as Drilling & Completions, Land, and JV as needed.
As a part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible for:
- Gathering and reporting weekly volumes and variances
- Completing monthly accruals (capex, opex, volume, revenue, royalty, power)
- Coordinating monthly forecasting, annual budget and long range plan
- Gathering, consolidating and analyzing monthly reporting providing variance analysis against budget and latest forecast
- Providing monthly KPI reporting against budget and targets
- Ad hoc reporting as required
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- 5 plus years’ experience in Oil and Gas business analysis with a relevant university degree and/or accounting designation
- Analytical skills
- Proficient in excel with preference to those with those with Essbase & Hyperion experience
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Works well in a fast paced/changing environment that is deadline driven
- Well organized and possessed multitasking & prioritization skills