ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provide basic commercial and business analysis support to Commercial Team.
Provide cover to junior / administrative roles within Commercial Team.
Successful delivery in the role will see the incumbent fulfil a “real” job and provide him / her with a comprehensive understanding of the operational, commercial and economic realities of the oil and gas business and lead to a potential future career in the industry.
The main duties will be to:
Provide basic commercial and business analysis support to Commercial Team, for example :
- Prepare synopses of commercial agreements.
- Prepare / present summary presentations of same.
- As guided, undertake or provide relevant commercial analysis or support as required –e.g. evaluation of status regarding Net Revenue Sharing Agreement, Send or Pay Obligations; interpretation of Sole Risk provisions, JOA obligations, analysis necessary for provision of Decommissioning Security, etc.
- Attend partner Operating Committee meetings. Prepare minutes of same.
- As required, provide commercial and budget preparation support for TAQA exploration assets - prepare annual budget submission for review / approval by joint venture partners. Attend / minute follow-up meetings.
- Create approval documents for TAQA Upstream Assets – e.g. Abex Project Information Notes (APIN), Investment Memoranda (IM), Decommissioning Security Agreement (DSA) procedures and Approval for Expenditure (AFE) documents.
Support Commercial Negotiators with day to day / basic administrative aspects associated with oil sales, gas sales, tendering process, EU ETS , preparation of daily, monthly reports, etc.
Play an active role in the recruitment of his / her replacement.
Train his / her replacement during the final 3 months of the placement.
Actively participate / take lead role in “social” projects assigned collectively to each year’s intake of placement students at TAQA – (including participation in supporting TAQA charity initiatives).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Suitably qualified at secondary school to be undertaking relevant under-graduate study - for example:
- Management (BA Hons)
- Accounting and Finance (BA Hons)
- Management with Marketing (BA Hons)
- Management with Human Resource Management (HRM) (BA Hons)
This is a “rolling” 12 – 15 month placement position within the Commercial Team at TAQA. It is envisaged that a suitably qualified / motivated under-graduate will spend his / her 3rd Year of relevant degree in the role (commencing June in any year) and, prior to completing the placement, will train up successor (June to August in subsequent year)
- Part-time employment experience(s) which demonstrates clear commitment to “doing a job” / getting relevant experience / developing themselves.
- Hard working.
- Willing to “have a go” at challenges / opportunities presented.
- High degree of common sense.
- Comfortable with extensive use of Excel ( but not macros / Visual Basic Programming).
- Numeracy skills and articulate.
Able to read and interpret commercial agreements.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively either orally during discussions, in writing or via presentations.
Creative and curious.
- Commercial Colleagues
- Finance / Economics/Tax team
- Legal team
- Human Resources
- Partner/Stakeholder representatives in Commercial / Finance / Legal areas.