TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Joint Venture Audit Administrator, RQ18-10
TAQA North is currently searching for a Joint Venture Audit Administrator who will be responsible for the co-ordination of the Operated and Non-Operated Joint Venture audits and additional responsibility for the JV Accounting Cash Receipts bookings. The Joint Venture Audit Administrator will be the point of contact for outside audit consulting team who perform non-operated audits for TAQA North. They will act as point of contact for outside auditors when they are performing operated audits on TAQA North as backup to Senior Audit Coordinator. There will be significant involvement with various groups within the company as part of the audit query resolution process (i.e. Production Accounting, Operations, Land, Master Data, JV Accounting, Joint Interest).
As a part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible for:
- Gather necessary contracts, AFE files & other supporting information for backup during audit
- Drilldown of Schedule A’s for Non Op audits
- Review prepared queries for Operators, search EnergyLink for credits
- Send correspondence (audit reports, response letters) to Operator
- Invoice partners for participation in Non-Op audits that we chair
- Prepare monthly audit status reports
- Follow up & work with operators to facilitate audit resolution
- Verify and code audit invoices for payment
- Special projects and/or analysis as required
- Code daily cash receipts related to Land & JV Accounting, duplicate A/P disbursement and other credits such as timber salvage, equipment sales etc.
- Account reconciliation & clearing for Unallocated cash entries
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- 7+ years’ experience in the oil and gas industry
- Good understanding of basic Joint Venture Audit Protocols and Procedures and standard industry agreements (JOA, CO&O, PASC etc)
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Solid accounting knowledge with strong analytical and technical skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer background and good working knowledge of Microsoft products
- Experience with Qbyte, EnergyLink, CS Explorer, AFE Navigator & Powervision preferred