TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company is ranked among the top 15 largest oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
TAQA North offers summer students the opportunity to work with and learn from industry professionals, while gaining Oil and Gas experience.
Location: Calgary, AB
Job Title: Joint Venture Summer Student – RQ-18-09
Reporting to the Manager, Joint Ventures, the Joint Venture Summer Student will work on a project focused on maintenance of the CS Explorer system to ensure costs and revenues are booked appropriately. An additional project will involve researching and gathering data relating to our gas processing facilities. The successful candidate will benefit from the industry knowledge gained by working in the joint venture and commercial environment. As well, experience will be gained with the various software programs and the business insight gathered from analyzing the data. This position is full-time for May, June, July & August 2018.
The Joint Venture Summer Student will be tasked with the following deliverables:
- Inputting maintenance data into CS Explorer system to verify cost center information
- Assist in a research project involving gathering data from multiple sources and databases to analyze a large number of gas processing facilities
- Providing assistance to the Joint Venture team as required
- Eligible candidates will have completed their 3rd year or 4th in a BComm program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications. Exposure to CS Explorer or other enterprise database programs considered an asset
- Prior experience in oil and gas considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated desire to learn and develop their skills.
- Enthusiastic and motivated.
We welcome interested candidates to apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and a copy of their most recent transcript.