BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Working within the planning and economics team to reforecast business activity and asses financial performance. Responsible for developing and managing the process and controls framework for the UK and NL Finance teams and oversight of internal audit findings and actions in the UK and NL.
• Identifying and recording areas of Financial risk through review and maintenance of our Enterprise Risk Management System (ERMS) inputs and documenting internal audit findings in TAMS.
• Development and maintenance of the internal control framework - including liaising with members of Finance to document the process/sub process and identify the key controls in the UK and NL.
• Regular testing and assessment of key controls for suitability.
• Facilitation of internal audits conducted on UK and NL activity and processes and oversight of action responses and close out.
• Assist with preparation of the monthly financial forecast including assessment of performance vs plan.
• Support the team in co-ordinating and preparing quarterly business plan updates. Interaction with the wider business including Wells, Subsurface, Engineering, Decommissioning and Operations teams.
• Support sophisticated decision analysis and robust investment decision-making.
• Attends Finance management meetings and other meetings.
• Maintains an up to date knowledge of financial systems, relevant statutory/industry regulations and practices, etc. and identifies opportunities to improve corporate accounting systems and practices.
• Degree level qualification
• Relevant professional accounting qualification i.e. ICAS/CIMA/ACCA
• Internal or External audit background
• Degree in accounting or related subject
• Fully conversant with IFRS accounting standards
• Good working knowledge of key controls, financial systems and applications inherent in Financial processes
• Experience of oil and gas accounting practices
• Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to achieve a high level of professional and personal credibility
• Experience of financial planning within the oil and gas industry
• Knowledge of Oracle Accounting Database and Hyperion.
• Strong communication skills
• Good report-writing skills
• Strong organisation and planning skills
• Self-motivated/Meets deadlines
• Analytical, good attention to detail
• All departments within TAQA Europe
• TAQA Group Planning and Internal Audit Departments
• Statutory Auditors (Ernst & Young)