TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Senior Exploitation Engineer, RQ18-30
TAQA North is currently searching for Senior Exploitation Engineer. Reporting to the Asset Manager of the Central West asset, the Senior Exploitation Engineer is a key member of a multi-disciplinary asset team, driving value generation through the identification, characterization, planning and execution of appraisal and development projects. In collaboration with the team they develop optimal long-term depletion strategies with the goal of maximizing asset value. The Senior Exploitation Engineer prepares project investment justifications, interfaces with functional teams to drive optimal project execution and provides project status updates. They are accountable for the economic analysis of projects and capital spending alternatives, forecasting production and capital spend, and assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and reserve evaluations.
As a part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible for:
- Leading the execution of development/exploration projects.
- Forecasting production volumes, preparing capital budgets and stewarding results including the annual reserve evaluation of existing producing wells/pools.
- Performing economic evaluations including capital, base management and operating cost reduction projects.
- Developing and quantifying depletion strategies for assigned areas within the Asset Team.
- Identifying optimization opportunities, technology applications and value maximizing initiatives on a proactive basis.
- Supporting prioritized business development valuations and commercial initiatives.
- Assisting Joint Venture and Mineral Land staff with the assessment of Non-Operated assets.
- Providing mentorship to less experienced colleagues within the Development organization.
- Interfacing with the asset and functional teams to enhance capital efficiency and project delivery.
- Occasional visits to field locations.
The Successful Candidate will be or possess:
- Professional Engineer with 15+ years of Oil & Gas experience.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated team player with good communication, organizational and technical skills.
- Strong leadership and project management skills, with a track record of successfully managing and executing multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with AccuMap, PEEP and ValNav is a major asset, as is familiarity with reservoir modeling and simulation software.
- Creative individual with a desire to continuously learn and develop their own skills, as well as build up the organizational capacity of more junior staff Engineers.