BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Monitors/Controls various parameters related to Emergency Systems and process systems making adjustments as required and initial emergency response decisions based on company procedures.
Operates a wide range of offshore process and utilities equipment and systems working safely and in strict compliance with Company and regulatory requirements.
Equipment covered includes oil and gas production systems, wells, water injection, power generation, DCS, fire and gas systems and platform utilities.
• Monitor the DCS & F&G/ESD control systems, ensuring the plant is operated in a safe and efficient manner
• Acting to F&G/ESD alarms, provide the first response to any platform status changes
• Ensure fiscal metering of hydrocarbon systems is in line with company procedures
• Monitors/controls hydrocarbon flows and plant conditions, reports malfunctions and makes recommendations on/carries out necessary adjustments.
• Prepares plant/equipment for maintenance work, undertakes re-commissioning/re-start activities.
• Ensures field and plant flows are maintained to platform requirements and specifications.
• Controls and monitors plant operations, identifies abnormal situations and takes appropriate actions.
• Maintains awareness of production targets and ensures these are met.
• Carries out site checks and gas checks prior to commencing work.
• Undertakes first-line maintenance, as required.
• Assists in the commissioning and start-up of plant and equipment.
• Safely recover plant from shutdown situations to minimise production losses.
• Carries out process system sampling, plant inspections, isolations, gas tests, chemical injections, etc.
• Ensures all production reporting requirements are carried out.
• Undertakes dedicated emergency response duties.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification or equivalent
• Valid Medical Certificate
• Offshore Survival Training Certificate
• Processing Operations Hydrocarbons NVQ Level 3 (Control Room)
• HNC/HND in a relevant discipline e.g. mechanical, hydrocarbon operations
• Recognised Trade Apprenticeship
• POL (OPITO) modules/certification
• Offshore Platform Control room experience
• Practical knowledge and experience of offshore production, process and utilities systems and operations
• Proven ability to meet the requirements of the platform Competency Assessment Programme
• Fully familiar with permit to work systems, isolation procedures and safety management systems
• Ability to interpret/mark-up technical drawings
• Good understanding of industry HSE practices applicable to job role
• Experience as Area Authority/ Authorised Person
• Experience of working in the UK offshore industry
• Experience of working in brown-field operations
• Good communication skills – verbal/written
• Well developed technical problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team
• Openly seeks input from others
• Proactively shares knowledge/experience
• Keeps calm under pressure
• Proactive approach to safety management
• Demonstrates commitment to HSE
INTERACTIONS INTERNAL INTERACTIONS
• All levels of offshore personnel
• Onshore operations support teams
• Contractor’s operations and maintenance personnel