TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Drilling & Completions Engineer/Technologist RQ18-42 (Internal Staff Only)
TAQA North currently has an opening for the position of Drilling & Completions Engineer/Technologist. This is a newly created position to prepare for anticipated increase in D&C activity. A development program will be tailored to train and mentor the successful candidate with increasing levels of responsibility.
Reporting to the Manager, Drilling and Completions, the Drilling and Completions Engineer/Technologist is responsible for providing advanced technical engineering, guidance and supervision for drilling and completions for both conventional and multi-stage, horizontal, unconventional wells. This successful candidate will identify, evaluate, analyze and recommend drilling well designs, as well as design, plan and supervise initial completions to maximize production and recovery while mitigating operational risk and optimizing capital efficiency. The successful candidate will ensure all field operations are in compliance with regulatory and company policies, review and submit regulatory applications and implement new and cost effective technology.
As a part of this challenging role you will specifically be trained and responsible for:
- Cost estimating and scenario/sensitivity planning
- Preparing detailed drilling and completion programs. Experience in both design and operations engineering including casing and tubing designs, pore pressure/frac gradient prediction, drilling mechanics, directional drilling, drilling fluids, hydraulics, bit optimization, casing and liner running procedures and tools, cementing well control, etc.
- Investigating, evaluating, analyzing and recommending effective completion design, practices and technologies
- Software experience with casing design programs, hydraulics, directional, daily reporting data bases and administration of same, such as Wellview, Gohfer, Microsoft products, QBYTE, AFE Navigator, Siteview, etc.
- Ensuring that operations are carried out in an orderly, efficient and effective manner
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- 5-8 years experience in oilfield operations
- 1-2 field experience with an operator or service company
- Self-motivated, decisive, passionate and responsible
- Strong and effective health, safety, security and environment (HSSE) leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills – must be able to communicate at all levels and work well in a team environment