TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Production Engineer – INTERNAL ONLY - RQ 18 - 47
TAQA North is currently accepting applications from active TAQA employees or contractors for a Production Engineer. Reporting to the Asset Manager, Central East the Production Engineer is assigned technical responsibility for oil and gas properties within a geographic area. Working closely with a team of professionals, the Production Engineer provides technical support to the Asset Team and field operating staff on the design, implementation and operation of wells, gathering systems and production facilities.As a member of the team you identify opportunities, evaluate projects, prepare budgets, initiate action, conduct field operations and monitor performance to ensure that budgeted cash flow is maintained and net present value is maximized. The Production Engineer is responsible for managing and tracking multiple projects with competing priorities under tight timelines.
As a part of this challenging role you will:
- Work within an asset team of engineers, technologists and geoscientists.
- Collaborate with area field operations to proactively optimize wells, gathering systems and facilities, to maximize production and to minimize operating costs.
- Initiate workovers and facility modifications that optimize production and generate value.
- Identify and manage projects that reduce operating costs and improve efficiencies
- Regularly visit the field as well as develop and maintain good working relationship with field staff.
- Coordinate property reviews to identify opportunities and optimization projects.
- Track results of workovers and optimization projects including costs and production impacts and ensures projects are safely completed on time and within budget.
- Forecast and update production and base management spend for the property consistent with the reservoir depletion plan and the capital budget.
- Work with production accountants to ensure proper production measurement and allocation.
- Interface with property analysts to monitor costs, enhance fees and improve area profitability.
- Obtain advice and input as required from other departments including Marketing, JV and Land.
The Successful Candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Professional APEGA Engineer designation
- 5+ years Western Canadian oil and gas engineering experience, including direct field exposure
- Experienced in wellbore work including artificial lift systems
- An understanding of surface facilities including gathering, gas compression and oil batteries
- Well organized, good computer skills, effective time manager
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with teams, initiate projects, set priorities and drive projects to completion
- Strong communication skills with peers and field staff required
- Ideal suite of computer skills: Excel, Accumap, WellView, Avocet, Peep, ValNav, Visage
To apply please visit: www.taqaglobal.com/careers