BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Undertakes a wide variety of tax compliance activities in support of the UK Tax Manager and provides advice on tax matters to the business, as appropriate.
• Provides advice to TAQA Bratani on all UK tax matters.
• Working closely with other members of the Tax Department (particularly the Senior Tax Advisor as well as the Tax Manager), develops, maintains and executes tax return and preparation processes for Corporate Income Tax, Petroleum Revenue Tax and other taxes.
• Working with other members of the Tax and Finance Department, responsibility for preparing quarterly tax accruals and related accounting treatment.
• Working with other members of the Tax and Finance Department, assists with the preparation of the annual and quarterly tax budget / forecast.
• Assists with providing tax advice in relation to ongoing commercial and business development activities.
• Assists with tax audits (internal/external).
• Participates in, and supports, specialist Tax or wider Finance initiatives and projects.
• Develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with Bratani and Global business units, UK tax authorities, external advisors and joint venture partners.
• Degree level educated
• Relevant accounting qualification, preferably ICAS/ICAEW
• CIOT qualification
• Strong tax background and experience, preferably gained within a large accountancy firm
• Substantial tax accountancy experience in accounting for current and deferred taxation
• Excellent knowledge of UK tax legislation and conversant with all aspects of UK tax computations
• Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and tax software packages for tax return preparation
• Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships – at all levels - and to achieve a high level of professional and personal credibility
• Ability to demonstrate desire to develop tax career in UK oil and gas
• Experience of UK upstream taxation
• Strong communication skills, including presentation skills
• High level of Excel spreadsheet experience and skill
• Good report-writing skills
• Strong organisation and planning skills with ability to manage workload in a structured manner
• Self-motivated / Meets deadlines
• Analytical, good attention to detail
• Strong team player, good interpersonal skills.
• Other members of the Tax Department
• Other members of the Finance Department
• Senior Managers across the Bratani business
• Commercial and Legal teams
• TAQA Global Team members
• Internal Audit
• Company Auditors
• Tax consultants and other external specialists
• 3rd party companies / joint venture partners