TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Non-Operated Joint Venture Accountant - RQ18-63 (12 -18 month term)
TAQA North currently has an opportunity for a contract Non-Operated Joint Venture Accountant. Reporting to the Supervisor, Non Operated Joint Venture Accounting, the successful candidate will be an experienced Joint Venture Accountant with strong analytical skills, an ability to prioritize, is accustomed to high volume and able to work within clearly defined team processes and procedures. They will be the point of contact through EnergyLink for information requests related to inbound activity with partners and will have significant involvement with various groups within the company as part of the dispute identification, research and resolution process (i.e. Production Accounting, Operations, Land, Master Data, Joint Interest).
As part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible to:
- Review, process and code assigned partner Operated Billings utilizing EnergyLink but can include manual invoices
- Process fee allocation and verification balancing to volumetrics and agreements
- Audit and research pertaining to joint venture billings and recognition of charges that may be questionable
- Detailed account reconciliation’s ie: accounts receivable for assigned vendors, accounts payable for assigned vendors, and suspense account
- Proactive dispute analysis for accruals and resolution
- Special projects and/or analysis as required
- Review monthly cheque run for assigned vendors
- Three or more years in NonOp Joint Venture accounting
- Proficiency with EnergyLink
- Experience Qbyte FM, Powervision workflow, AFE navigator, CS Explorer and Excel would be an asset
- Ability to work within a fast paced team environment with strong communication and research skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A solid understanding of the Joint Venture business, Revenue, Royalties, Joint Venture agreements, DOI’s and Land abstracts is critical to success in this role.