ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for ensuring learning and organisational development support and solutions are provided and/or are available to meet individual, operational and strategic business needs.
• Organisational Development
- Responsible for the full life cycle of all management and leadership development, from needs analysis, design, development to execution, facilitation and evaluation.
- Design and facilitation of internal development opportunities such as mentoring and 1:1 coaching. Conducts 1:1 coaching.
- Design of appraisal process ensuring it's fit for purpose. Drive implementation to ensure uptake and quality.
- Design and implementation of succession planning process ensuring it is rolled out and adhered to across all functions on and offshore.
- Design and deliver team facilitation events utilising appropriate psychometric testing tools.
- Key focal point in relation to development activities, providing guidance to management and staff on a range of learning and organisational development matters.
- Identification and design of learning solutions to support organisational change and development.
- Work closely with HR Business Partners and advise on learning and organisational development matters.
- Ensure business processes surrounding learning and organisational development are fit for purpose.
- Contribute to the planning, development and implementation of the most appropriate training and strategies and policies for the improvement of the business.
- Identify learning and development needs for the business collating information from appraisals, business plans and feedback from individuals.
- Assist in the organisation of resources required for the efficient provision of training programmes, co-ordinating budgets with department heads.
- Negotiate effective cost arrangements and monitor providers performance against effectiveness, managing improvements where required.
- Design, development and implementation of behavioural competency solutions and appropriate implementation of these in learning and organisational development initiatives.
- Assist with the development of key competence solutions within the business (behavioural and supervisor competences excluded).
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the competency provision to ensure cover is available as required.
- Continuously develops own knowledge and skills through professional development and maintains an awareness and knowledge of contemporary L&D issues.
- As a member of the Emergency Response Team, participates in the call-out rota and provides a high standard of HR-related support in relation to incidents and emergencies and ensures the provision of a high standard of response in such situations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Professional qualification – member of CIPD or equivalent degree level qualification
• Significant practical, relevant experience of working within a learning and development team.
• Previous experience of having worked in support and delivery of a full L&D service from identification of learning needs to evaluation of learning solutions.
• Previous experience of design and delivery of learning solutions.
• Previous experience of facilitating team solutions and other organisational development activities.
• IT literate: HR database, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to intermediate level.
• Current knowledge of UK L&D best practice and operational competency requirements.
• Experience of supporting talent management including succession planning, talent reviews and Performance management
• First hand knowledge and experience of the UK oil and gas industry.
• Knowledge of Oracle HRMS suite of programs.
• Use of psychometric tests in team solutions i.e. Insights, MBTI.
• Willing and able to travel offshore to all TAQA assets in the North Sea, UK sector.
• Demonstrable ability to excel within a team environment.
• Ability to appropriately use own initiative.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good presentation and facilitation skills.
• Ability to build and maintain credibility within the department and the organisation.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills, aligned with ability to manage own workload.
• Awareness of commercial issues and pressure points.
• Experience of supporting change.
• Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results.
• Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
• Willing to learn and undergo appropriate personal development.
• Management and staff at all levels - onshore and offshore.
• Training Providers