TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
TAQA North offers summer students the opportunity to work with and learn from industry professionals, while gaining Oil and Gas experience.
Location: Calgary, AB
Job Title: Finance Summer Student – RQ- 19-04
Reporting to the Supervisor, Capital Accounting, the Finance Summer Student will be assisting with two ongoing projects in Corporate Accounting. The projects are: 1) The review of unevaluated land balances, requiring an in depth review of historical accounting and current land records and 2) Ongoing documentation for Internal Control over Financial Reporting.
The varied experience opportunities will benefit the successful candidate by providing industry experience/exposure to accounting/land systems commonly used in the Oil & Gas industry, including AFE Navigator and CS Explorer. The experience will also introduce a variety of Oil and Gas business processes and process mapping. This position is full-time for May, June, July & August 2019.
The Finance Summer Student will assist in the following areas:
- Review of Unevaluated Land
- Internal Control over Financial Reporting documentation
- General support during summer holidays
- Eligible candidates will have completed their 3rd year of a BComm University program, specializing in Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
- Prior experience in oil and gas considered an asset
- Prior experience with AFE Navigator and/or CS Explorer considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated desire to learn and develop their skills.