TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Electrical Technician RQ 19-11
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
The position will report to Electrical and Instrumentation Foremen. The individual will support the Grande Prairie, Boundary Lake, Laprise and Chincigua areas. The Electrical Technician will apply their skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot, and perform other planned maintenance and corrective tasks on assigned electronic, electrical, pneumatic and/or mechanical control systems, devices. This position maintains natural gas compression, oil batteries, gas process facilities, oil and gas wells and assigned equipment in a manner to meet operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements. This position requires the individual to work in a team environment and perform tasks from other disciplines.
As part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible for:
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills with the ability to read electrical drawing/schematics
- Calibrate and maintain gas monitoring equipment, and measurement instrumentation (flow, pressure, level, and temperature)Installation, examination, replacement or repair of electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Testing electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Maintenance, repair, installation and testing of switchgears, transformers, switchboard meter.
- Maintenance, repair, testing and installation of electrical motors, generators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and repairing of industrial electrical and electronic control systems and devices.
- Complete daily work orders which includes repair, installation and maintenance of all electrical systems and components
- Conducting preventive maintenance programs and keeping maintenance records.
- Maintain electrical installation log to comply with TAQA North QMP
- Provide support to facility engineering during capital projects and upgrades as required
- Plan and coordinate electrical activities during turnarounds and outages
- Work safely in accordance with company safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure facilities comply with TAQA North’s safety environmental and regulatory requirements
- Maintain effective communication with operations and comply with all operation and safety procedures
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Journeyman Electrical with Interprovincial Red Seal.
- Understanding of Regulatory and Safety requirements
- Strong knowledge of the CEC
- 5-10 years experience working in the oil and gas industry
- PLC & SCADA experience. Modicon, Rockwell, ScadaPak
- Valid Class 5 or equivalent.