ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Supported by senior commercial colleague(s) (when or if required) provides support to a full range of commercial activities related to the management of TAQA’s operated and non-operated interests and, where required, in respect of business development and exploration opportunities. This is an entry level role which provides opportunity for the incumbent to develop and pursue a successful commercial career in the upstream oil and gas industry.
• Develops a comprehensive understanding of the key agreements governing day to day TAQA activities.
• Provides basic commercial support associated with same (e.g. maintaining databases, tracking data, preparing daily / weekly / monthly reports, preparing agreement summaries, etc.).
• Supported by other members of the Commercial Team, takes a support, [or potentially lead] role for the company in the review / interpretation / negotiation / preparation / administration of commercial agreements - e.g. joint operating agreements, transportation agreements, proximity agreements, product sales contracts, decommissioning agreements, third party access requests, etc.
• Works closely with other departments to ensure that Operated / Non-Operated field development and operational plans are properly validated and aligned with the Company’s best interests.
• Works closely with other members of the Commercial Team to develop and implement commercial strategies and tactical plans to develop and manage the Company’s current and future business.
• Provides advice and guidance on commercial matters to commercial colleagues, senior management and co-ventures’ / external stakeholders.
• Prepares for, attends and represents the Company at relevant meetings (Joint Venture meetings, Operating Committees, Finance Committees, etc.) - ensuring the Company’s best interests are protected and promoted.
• Prepares minutes / meeting notes / documenting discussions / key activity / recommendations.
• Prepares requests for expenditure / ensures requests are aligned with budgets. Where required, issue for approval by partners. Work with partner groups to gain support of same.
• Provides input to TAQA business plan, asset plans and annual budgets – and where appropriate, works with partner groups to gain support of same.
• Prepare / present proposed commercial recommendations / options to Legal, Commercial Board (LCB) and undertake follow-up activities consistent with LCB guidance.
• Provides commercial support re. setting up / administering and reporting of oil and gas sales and offtake contracts. Ensures that all parties comply with the terms and requirements of the agreements.
• Maintains a high level of awareness of commercial and fiscal developments, A&D market activities, etc. and ensures company management are properly briefed on all developments.
• Participates in industry fora, attends conferences / seminars and networking events to ensure TAQA maintains appropriate representation within the industry.
• Maintains a risk and obligations register relating to all commercial agreements.
• Where required, assists Legal and HSSEQ departments to monitor all statutory requirements for a UK Operator and helps maintain the Company’s licence to operate.
• Support delivery of business efficiency initiatives (e.g. Energy Institute activities).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Bachelors degree (ideally a minimum of a 2.1) or equivalent in a business, technical or engineering discipline.
• Proactive and driven.
• Must be numerate / comfortable with extensive use of Microsoft Excel (but not in creating macros / Visual Basic programming)
• Good presentation and verbal / written communication skills.
• Able to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
• Relationship builder with networking capability.
• Ability to work effectively in multi-functional teams.
• Good planning and organisational skills.
• Knowledge and experience of the oil and gas industry – ideally in a commercially focused role with an Operator in the UK oil and gas industry.
• Ability to work effectively with senior management and to gain a high level of professional and personal credibility – internally and externally.
• Commercially aware.
• Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
• Willingness and ability to travel.
• Commercial colleagues
• Finance / Economics team
• Development Engineering teams
• Engineering & Subsea teams
• Operations management
• Legal team
• HSSEQ team
• Joint Venture Partners
• Existing / potential Third Parties, Oil / Gas Trading Companies, Owners of Infrastructure
• Oil & Gas Authority
• Relevant industry fora – e.g. Oil & Gas UK, industry sub-groups, etc.