HR Business PartnerRef: TBR-616
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
- Type of Role
- Permanent only
- Job Function
- Human Resources
- Aberdeen, UK
- Job Description
TAQA’s UK business is a fully integrated upstream exploration and production company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA). TAQA continues to invest in and build on its existing portfolio of oil and gas assets, to maintain its position as one of the top exploration and production companies working in the UK North Sea and secure its long term future in the region.
As a result of an internal move, an exciting opportunity has arisen in our Human Resources team for an HR Business Partner. Working within a small integrated team, you will be given the opportunity to have greater individual responsibility, where your contribution will make a difference to the bottom line.
This is a varied role which provides a wide range of HR support and guidance to line management of assigned client groups where key responsibilities will include the following:
- Provision of HR support and guidance to assigned client groups on all aspects of HR policy, employment legislation and employee relations. Input to the review, development and consistent implementation of all HR policies, procedures and systems.
- Maintains an up to date understanding of the short, medium and long term strategic and operational requirements of the business by developing and maintaining highly effective and focused relationships with client groups and closely aligning HR support to business objectives.
- Working closely with the HR Manager and Line Managers, giving input to the Company’s strategic resourcing and succession plans.
- Ensures all documentation related to offers of employment, promotions, transfers, reassignments etc. is prepared and issued in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinates activities such as annual salary reviews, appraisals, etc. for client groups.
- Develops highly effective relationships with HR service providers, e.g. employment law advisers and ensures the quality and value of these services and products.
- Works closely with other HR team members including Compensation & Benefits and Learning & Development to plan and deliver HR projects and initiatives.
- As a key member of the Emergency Response Team, participates in the call-out rota and provides a high standard of HR related support regarding incidents and emergencies and ensures the provision of a high standard of response in such situations.
To be successful in the role it is essential that you have the ability to communicate complex information in a succinct style and be able to work on your own initiative, with a positive, can do attitude.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Qualifications / Training Required
- Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Degree qualified
- Offshore Safety Training Certificate
Experience / Knowledge Required
- Previous experience in an operational/generalist HR role
- Experience of working closely with management in the provision of HR services and support
- Demonstrable knowledge of best HR practice and UK employment legislation
- First-hand knowledge and experience of the UK oil and gas industry
- Experience of working within an HR Business Partner model
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence and build credibility at all levels – internally and externally
- Commercial awareness and numerical ability
- IT literate: HR systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - intermediate level
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Additional Documentation
- Closing Date
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.Back to search