BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for the coordination and delivery of asset maintenance and services-based activities.
Accountable for all maintenance and services resource deployment and optimising the maintenance and services manpower contracts. This extends to insourcing strategies, multi skilling, contract performance, and budget control.
Operationally responsible for the repairs function and processes which encompasses the reporting and auditing of the repairs process.
• Identify, assess and exploit opportunities to improve the current efficiency of maintenance and services delivery effectiveness.
• Collaborate with Asset teams to maximise maintenance and services resource deployment effectiveness and develop and maintain visible KPIs to demonstrate performance and provide the basis for audit and intervention including maintenance ‘tool time’ KPI’s.
• Ensure resource supplied by key contractors is managed with respect to training and competency for role undertaken.
• Develop insource maintenance strategies (includes training, competence and specialist tooling)
• Ensure repairs processes are fit for purpose and delivered constantly across all assets, maximizing value.
• Work with and develop onshore and offshore maintenance teams, providing direction, guidance and technical support.
• Develop a culture of continuous improvement ensuring compliance with the maintenance data change process.
• Maximise maintenance delivery lifecycles to support late life operations.
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant discipline
• Current Offshore Medical and Survival Certificate
• Chartered status with an appropriate engineering council or registered body.
• Significant experience within specialist engineering discipline at a senior level with a high level of knowledge of UK offshore operations and infrastructure.
• Previous management experience in the oil and gas sector within an operator company environment.
• Previous knowledge and understanding of contracting and management practices with a proven track record.
• Knowledge and Understanding of Training and Competency requirements for offshore personnel.
• Thorough understanding of key legislation and regulatory framework applicable to UKCS offshore regime with detailed knowledge of major accident hazards, performance standards, assurance and verification activities.
• Sound knowledge of engineering practices, codes and standards and their application to maintenance and management of lifecycle asset integrity assurance programmes.
• Good knowledge of other discipline functions e.g. Operations, Inspection, Engineering and Process
• Sound knowledge of hazard identification and risk assessment techniques and management of change processes and tools.
• Detailed knowledge of brownfield project engineering processes (modifications).
• A good understanding of available specialist vendors (external network) providing technical support services.
• Proven experience in direct management of support engineers and also vendors providing maintenance/engineering support on offshore facilities.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proven ability to develop highly effective working relationships.
• Willingness to travel offshore.
• Proactively shares best practices and knowledge.
• Proven ability to plan and manage resources to deliver results.
• Computer literate with high level of competence in the use of Microsoft Office packages, e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
• Operations teams – Onshore and Offshore.
o Asset Managers.
o Maintenance and Engineering Superintendents.
o Offshore Installation Managers.
o Maintenance Supervisors.
o Service Supervisors.
o Maintenance Team Leaders.
• Integrity and Fabric Maintenance Team.
• Finance Team.
• HR – Learning and Development Team.
• Engineering and Technical Team.
• HSSEQ Team.
• Key Maintenance and Service Contract Providers.
• Industry and governing Bodies such as Oil and Gas UK, HSE and DECC.