TAQA North Ltd., a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, is ranked among the top midsize oil and gas producers in Canada. The TAQA North America head office is located in Calgary, with field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming that deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day. We are committed to driving a safety culture and acting as a socially responsible player in the communities in which we operate.
Job Title: Contract Field Operator – Ferrier Field - RQ 20 - 06
Location: Rocky Mountain House, AB
The Successful candidate must live within the area of this location to be available for call outs.
TAQA North currently has an opening for the position of Contract Field Operator. Reporting to the Area Foreman, the Contract Field Operator will be the onsite operator of the Field Equipment. The primary focus of this position is to oversee the day to day operation, inspection, maintenance, alteration and repair of the field equipment. In addition, maintaining accurate records and submissions of all necessary documents and reports, in relation to the Field Equipment. The candidate must be self-motivated, have good mechanical skills as well have good computer skills for day to day work requirements.
As a part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible for:
- All aspects of safety and regulatory compliance with your designated work area
- Performing safety responsibilities such as, hazard assessments equipment lock out
- Ensuring optimization of wells, runtimes and production
- Coordinating outside services and providing direction
- Ensuring proper permits are obtained
- Using personal protection equipment required to meet all current regulatory standards and the Corporation’s Health and Safety policies
Oversee the timely notification of the following:
- Breakdowns or defects in the Field Equipment requiring replacement or repair
- Unsafe conditions or any security issues
- Accidents and incidents affecting health or safety that may result in personal injury
- Incidents resulting in impairment of the environment
- Incidents of losses to the Field Equipment
- Ensure the necessity for the protection of life, health, property and the environment in the event of fire, flood, storm, explosion, serious accident or any emergency
- Obtain written approval by the Foreman prior to conducting any operations relating to the Field Equipment that are beyond the scope of day to day maintenance and operating activities, including without limitation, any non-routine maintenance, repairs and alterations. This would include, any modifications, expansions, deletions or additions to existing facilities, the removal of existing facilities or the installation of new facilities
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Preference will be given to candidates with direct field experience and a working knowledge of regulatory requirements for the Oil & Gas industry
- Candidates must live in the Rocky Mountain House area to be available for call outs