Roles and Responsibilities
Basic Purpose of the role:
To support the overall implementation of TAQA’s ERM policy and procedures, by working closely with the ERM Manager and ERM Champions across the group to ensure that a comprehensive risk register is developed, updated and reported to senior management. To ensure the full utilization of the ERM system. To contribute to the quarterly reporting porcess to the ERM Committee, by ensuring that all risks (including financial, operational, information security, business continuity, reputational, corporate governance and regulatory risk) are effectively managed within the defined risk appetite in accordance with international / local legislation and standards to support business growth and sustainability.
Key Responsibilities of the role
Risk Management Polices, and Procedures:
• Ensure compliance with the requirements of TAQA’s ERM policy and procedures by assessing if respective business units and functions are adhering to its requirments.
• Review amendments to the policies and procedures of risk to ensure consistency of practice and compliance with sector regulations.
• Ensure effective and efficient risk assessments of the organization wide risks to ensure that the business units and functions have designed and implemented appropriate mitigation and risk management measures that protects the organization against major adverse events while adhering to the highest standards of policies and procedures in line with the vision and mission of TAQA.
• Maintain ownership of the ERM system utilized to support risk management across TAQA.
• Interface with the various functions/ business units across the group to enhance awareness of enterprise wide risk management and facilitate the establishment of a risk management culture across the organization.
• Develop and enhance the reporting of risk information stemming from the operations of the different functions / business units across the organization to the ERM Manager.
• Participate in any risk governance committees as required to ensure adherence of all functions / business units with established policies while providing expert advice on effective risk management and mitigation measures to protect all organizational assets and business interests.
· Perform any duties required by the ERM Manager
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance/business management or equivalent with knowledge of process management and understanding of international enterprise wide risk management standards.
• Engineering degree
Specialist / Technical Certifications
• Certification in risk management
Relevant Experience Required
• 5 years’ experience in business/HSE risk management
Experience within the energy sector
Additional Requirements / Skills
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
Excellent analytical and communication skills
Effective interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
Ability to work under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
Proficiency in English language
Excellent in MS Office
Team work – Proficient
Results orientation - Proficient
Taking initiative and problem solving - Proficient
Adaptability and flexibility - Proficient
Customer focus - Proficient
Interpersonal communication & effectiveness - Proficient